Too hot to stitch fast?

I think it has been. It’s been in the high 90’s to low 100’s for over a week, which puts me in a non-stitchy mood, since we’ve only just yesterday installed the swamp cooler. Oh well, at least I got a little progress done:

100_7028.JPG

I know it’s a really short post this week, but I’ll try to make up for it next week with lots more progress (and maybe another project)

 

So until next time, Happy Stitching!

Advertisements

I feel so far behind!

This has been a slow week for stitching! I’ve decided I’m going to stitch Draculaura’s skin last, so it can be a kind of fill in the blank thing. Hopefully I’ll still be able to finish her by the end of the month. Here’s what she looks like now:

100_7024.JPG

I haven’t really done anything else stitching related. Though I did get a square of black fabric in, that I plan to stitch ‘tomb sweet tomb’ onto, with a little skull, and a little coffin, and I think it will look adorable when finished.

So here’s a picture of Spooky! She wasn’t cooperating so it’s not the best picture, but still:

100_7026.JPG

That’s all for now. Until next week, Happy Stitching!

A small finish, and some Maynia progress

I finished my ‘Crypt Sweet Crypt’ project! It’s small, and simple, but I think it looks nice. I’ve even posted the pattern for sale in my etsy shop, if you’re interested. Here’s what it looks like:

100_7015.JPG

Last week, I also dyed up some fabric! I found some plain aida at a local thrift store, and decided to dye it ‘denim blue’ much like in the picture above, but then I overdyed it with ‘golden yellow’ to make it a lovely shade of monster green:

100_7017.JPG

Since then, I’ve been working on a Maynia project: Draculaura from Monster High. I’m not as far along on it as I want to be (story of my life lately lol) but I’m sure I’ll finish it fairly soon:

100_7023.JPG

Lastly, a picture of Crookshanks, because he’s adorable. There will be a picture of Spooky next week.

100_7022.JPG

Isn’t that little fluffy goober adorable?

 

That’s all for now. Until next week, Happy Stitching!

 

Finally a couple finishes!

Its about time! I feel like I really fell behind at the end of last month, but I managed to scrape by with a 6th finish. While I’m still not working on the Pika Pile, I finished the Ravenclaw crest last week, and will be on the lookout for a nice frame for it:

100_7002.JPG

Not bad, right? I’m sure my little sister will love it.

Yesterday I finished the Deadpool pattern from Sprite Stitch. It turns out the fabric I selected wouldn’t fit the whole thing, so I just did the first page, and it looks great!

100_7009.JPG

While I didn’t work on it past Sunday, I did do a decent amount of filling in on the Pika Pile after my previous post.

100_7003.JPG

Lastly, I started a new project. This one should be fairly short so I can get to working on Draculaura again. It’s one of my own making, and will be included in the ‘Gothic Homemaking’ set, in a line called ‘home sweet home’ where it’s really just a bunch of different fonts, each one saying a ‘creepy’ version of home sweet home. The one I’m stitching right now is ‘crypt sweet crypt’.

100_7012.JPG

It’s being stitched on a bit of fabric I got at the thrift store, and dyed with Denim Blue Rit dye.

 

That’s all for now, so until next week Happy Stitching